Hi there Mumbis fans! I was asked by a friendly YouTubers- Vixen and Raptor (from YouTube channel of the same name- Vixen and Raptor) what is my current development plan? To answer that I first need to explain how do I divide my game in few sections and why each section is developed independent.
First section is The Camp. Just after creating your own team of heroes player will be throw in the middle of camp. This is probably the safest place in the game and it’s players base of operations, but just temporarily, because they need need to continue their journey. Here you can safely manage your heroes inventory, heal, rest, scavenge or prepare for next journey. Time is flowing without any breaks so You need to think fast and sharp to make the best decisions there as quickly as possible.
Second section is The Scavenge/Survival, where heroes are hunting for their basic supplies. While searching through the forest, plains, dessert, mountains or any other landscape, they need to stay sharp and focused. Danger will come and players have to quickly defend themselves while scavenging. Some encounters here are random, some are procedural generated- there is a difference between those two, and I hope that it will be clear do understand where.
Third section is The Journey. Here players travel through map. The longer path to next point on map, the bigger chance to get into hard random encounter, but on the other hand it’s faster to take few long paths, then more of short path. Every time players enter journey section, it will generate new paths for them, because older paths are no longer safe, after camping.
Fourth section is The System. This is pretty much straight forward- all algorithms, scripts, systems and audio-visual rendering of the game.
Above is just a quick summary, but it will help to understand what need to be developed from now on. The list below is without any particular order. Things are done, when they are done and it all depends of lot of inside and outside factors.
First step is to go from alpha to stable beta build:
- The Camp: (~66,7%)
– Finalize sprites and animations (50%)
– Finalize layout and overlays (80%)
– Finalize options menu (70%)
- The Scavenge (~73%)
– Create sprites and animations to all basic enemies (40% )
– Create sprites and animations to all boss-type enemies (60% )
– Create AI to all planned enemy-types (90%)
– Implement all landscapes algorithms (80%)
– Finalize generating algorithm (95%)
- The Journey (~55%)
– Exchange text overlay and create more suitable (95%)
– Finalize map variations and modifications (20%)
– Finalize randomly generated main quest/story line (30%)
– Finalize end quest / final showdown (80%)
– Implement all planned vehicles, with their unique properties and aspects (50%)
– Integrate map overlay with vehicles and creating one organism (60%)
- The System (~68,3%)
– Finalize player controllable characters, their sprites, unique powers, pros and cons (70%)
– Finalize unlockable controllable characters, their sprites, unique powers, pros and cons (20%)
– Finalize integration day/night cycle to all aspects of the game (90%)
– Finalize easy, integrated, moddable text message system (95%)
– Finalize languages settings and legislate translation to English language (90%)
– Finalize weapons/skills behaviors, it’s modifiers and global modifiers (80%)
– Finalize weapons/skills sprites and animations (60%)
– Balance all modifiers and global modifiers (40%)
– Balance all enemy-types hit points, speed, pros, cons, AI, behaviors (70%)
After that will come the second step- beta to closed test beta. From here I cannot guarantee any exact percentage, or any what is need to start a closed beta tests. I can only assure You that Mumbis will not be using beta as a „bugfest-demo-WTF-is-going-with-my-pc” thing, like it often happens with high-end, triple A developers.
Time will see and when it will be time for that I will release another summary of current development plans and how things are making.